View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
One can argue every religion started out as a cult. Add to the fact the absurd notion yours is the only true teachings makes views of others open to ridicule and out right hatred.

The Church in question does get funding from the Government but is being treated differently the a non-religious business would be.

Now to the inconsistencies for me it boiled down to the old argument of when life begins. But if allowed this women would of had a good chance of producing a life. Also if this practice was to be main streamed could not the unused eggs be used by others?

I have a tortured complex view on Abortion and the Death Penalty. As most do and on one I will never have need to make the decision the other one would be very hard one to decide.

Back to the life question, I often think a person who eats meat but then never thinks about the life given up for that privilege. One who has lived on a farm and owned pets it is hard for me to think we are the only animals with a sense of consciousness. Yet killing a animal for survival is understood and accept generally. But a women is not allowed the same power over her body.

Barney
The woman is still free to undergo in-vitro. She just can't do it and work for that Bishop. That is unless the US Supreme Court changes the rules or the Bishop changes his mind.