View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
So your argument is that if it's not in the opinion section, it's supposed to be hard news. Either typical overly-categorical conservative thinking, or a stupid point that you know is stupid, but you're a troll so stupid is a feature for you. Either way, it is perspective, it is labeled perspective, and your objection is ridiculous.

Not responding to your dumbfuckery is simply my considered and rational policy. I'm free to make exceptions as I may wish. But I still think you are playing a stupid game while the Republic burns, so don't expect many exceptions.
Yeah, I kinda thought that the purpose of a newspaper was to deliver news. And yes, historically to demarcate the difference between news and editorial commentary, there's this thing called the Opinion section so that the presentation of news and opinion are clearly differentiated. That's why, for example, newspaper articles are written in the third person point of view, making the author a dispassionate narrator.

But I guess I'm too much a dumbf@ck and don't look at the presentation of news from such an enlightened viewpoint as you.

"Perspective" is neither opinion nor news. It's a blending of the two. As I see it, it's a cute way to repackage the news and salt it with opinion....much as it is presented in the article in question.