View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
So let me get this straight. Republicans are using Christmas as a tool to manipulate lefties? Is this somehow tied to guns and religion?
No. Tied to religion, of course. It's a religious holiday. But, it isn't "lefties" Republican politicians manipulate...................

Every year, year after year, "They (And I'm assuming "They" implies the ACLU, Atheists and "lefties" in general.) are trying to take away Christmas!".......Every year as long as I can remember; Some jagoff in Colorado, or New Jersey, or wherever, complains about a Nativity Scene, or a cross made of blinking lights and all of a sudden Christianity and all things sacred are "Under attack". It's all over Fox News, conservative politicians express their outrage....blah, blah, blah, blah.....Wingnuts get outraged.........Every friggin' year like clockwork.

Enough with this bullshit already. Christmas isn't going anywhere. Love of the Holiday and it's true meaning exists in the heart, mind and soul of the believer. If the believers faith is so weak that one complaining Atheist 1,000 miles away can kill it, then the believer has a personal issue.

If anyone has demeaned Christmas, it's the people who have commecialized it. And it isn't Barrack Obama that sells Santa Claus and cheap plastic junk to the kiddies, now, is it?

Merry Christmas, Jay.

Dave