View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Lest you had any doubts about the fact that Trump is a 13 year-old in 70 year-old's body...
I'm gonna say your assessment is a smidgen off, finn. I'm going with around 6 years old.

Trump is pure "preoperational".

The key features of Piaget's preoperational stage include:

Centration
This is the tendency to focus on only one aspect of a situation at one time. When a child can focus on more than one aspect of a situation at the same time they have the ability to decenter. (Ike - Trump has little ability to decenter)

During this stage children have difficulties thinking about more than one aspect of any situation at the same time; and they have trouble decentering in social situation just as they do in non-social contexts.

Egocentrism
Childrens' thoughts and communications are typically egocentric (i.e. about themselves). Egocentrism refers to the child's inability to see a situation from another person's point of view.

The egocentric child assumes that other people should see, hear, and feel exactly the same as the child does. (Ike - nuff said)

Symbolic Representation
This is the ability to make one thing - a word or an object - stand for something other than itself. Language is perhaps the most obvious form of symbolism that young children display.

Piaget argues that language does not facilitate cognitive development, but merely reflects what the child already knows and contributes little to new knowledge. (Ike - what cognitive development? What new knowledge?)

Artifici@lism (WTF we still have this shit with the ci@lis???)
This is the belief that certain aspects of the environment are manufactured by people (e.g. clouds in the sky). (Ike - Trump has reverse artifici@lism e.g. climate change is not manufactured by people)

Irreversibility
This is the inability the reverse the direction of a sequence of events to their starting point. (Ike - the reason why Trump reacts to things the way he does is that on his preoperational emotional level, he that believes that negative things that happen to him cannot be reversed. Thus the 3AM tantrum tweets.)

OK 6 and a half.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 11-14-2017 at 08:30 AM.