View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 03:53 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
'Trump, Putin agree in phone call to improve ‘unsatisfactory’ relations between their countries, Kremlin says' WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed in a telephone conversation Monday that relations between their countries were “unsatisfactory” and vowed to work together to improve them, the Kremlin said in a statement.

The statement said the two leaders discussed combining efforts in the fight against terrorism, talked about “a settlement for the crisis in Syria” and agreed their aides would begin working toward a face-to-face meeting between them.

Trump’s office said in a statement that Putin had called to “offer his congratulations” and that the two had discussed “a range of issues including the threats and challenges facing the United States and Russia, strategic economic issues and the historical U.S.-Russia relationship that dates back over 200 years.”

Although Trump’s statement did not mention Syria or other specific issues, it said that he told Putin “that he is very much looking forward to having a strong and enduring relationship with Russia and the People of Russia.”
This all sounds pretty good to me.

I don't know where the Hell you get the word "capitulation" out of any of this. I'd like to have peace with Russia. If you want a war, go find your buddy Paul Wolfowitz and you two can go out to a bar somewhere and cry in your beers about how your candidate, the warmonger, lost the election.