View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I have no issues with any critiquing of public figures but this is an argument I've just not understood: it seems to me that President Obama was pretty up front about what he'd do from the Executive and has taken every reasonable effort to produce such.

Not liking what has occurred is one thing (which I still disagree with but this is America) but pretending it was a secret since the Democratic primaries strikes me as ridiculous.
My problem with Obama has primarily revolved around the lack of integrity and leadership qualities which adversely affect his ability to effectively do his job. I understand that being president of the US is a little like trying to steer an oil tanker with a 20 inch wooden wheel, but this president has simply made a lot of promises (way too many) and failed to deliver. Whether it be through lack of experience or simply arrogance, he is described by insiders as aloof and very insulated within Washington, failing to do the legwork which is required to accomplish initiatives in a democrativc system. He has repeatedly failed, when opportunities abound, to take a principled stance on much of anything. His values seem fluent and his principles seem for sale. I understand that it takes a politican to get where he is, but he doesn`t seem to understand the power and responsibility of his office. His petty bragging, empty speeches, and divisive hypocrisy are far beneath what should be expected from the most powerful office in the world. He has continued to act like a small bit local politician in city government somewhere. He is clearly no uniter and is definitelty not post partisan (as he tried to pass himself off in `08) and his performance (or non-performance) on the economy and his record breaking runaway deficit spending has been nearly criminal.

The newsmedia hasn`t been objective or truthful regarding Obama. Compare him to some other presidents in the way he acts and with what he has actually accomplished. He simply does not measure up and it is a tragedy for the country which apparently had so much hope.

For those who aren`t sure about Romney, he is even worth a poker gamble considering what we have going on now. You`ve gotta know when to fold em and Obama`s poker hand has been bluffed as far as it can be. Simply time for some new cards. Nothing personal (although you can bet this desperate campaign will be... and Obama`s probably not going to come out looking like a nice guy).