View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
How many here are tied of the onslaught against "academia" and "intellectuals" in the right-wing media?

I, for one don't see how gauging candidates by their comparability to our neighbors can lead to anything good. Many of my neighbors are white-trash losers. I wouldn't put any of them in charge of a treehouse, let alone the Whitehouse. (It sounds harsh, but it's true.) Do I want an intelligent, educated Ivy-Leager as my President? Darn right I do. Only the best and brightest.

That's not to say that one MUST have an Ivy League degree to get my vote. Heck, they don't really have to have a degree at all to get my vote. Could be a Teamster truck driver, as far as that's concerned.. But, they do have to strike me as being highly intelligent and not afraid to lead. (Which would mean sometimes making decisions that huge mobs of noisy, stubborn Tea Baggers will vehemently oppose, for example.)

The last thing I want is some hokey, slogan parroting, squirrel hunting nincompoop whose popularity stems from the fact that she reminds us of the highscool dropout ditz in the trailer next door.

Thoughts, comments?

Dave
My though is, you are still the best poster here!

Personally, I find Perry's popularity is a sad commentary on our country and I still cannot believe we did not declare all the Palin supporters imbeciles and take all sharp objects away from them.