View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
They're sitting there because they're too damn scared of what this administration will do next. Obama has been hostile to business both in his rhetoric and in his actions both legislatively and administratively. He does little to instill confidence and a sense of future prosperity. In fact, he tends toward the exact opposite. Listen to some FDR or JFK speeches if you need to be reminded what a true inspirational democratic leader sounds like. Perhaps, this is because he sets everything up as an us against them argument and has no refrain from demagoguing his opponents, or, in some cases, even his supporters.
Well, you can't expect business to invest their capital when you don't know what's going to happen next, or building widgets no one can or will buy.

That's how you go broke.

And another thing, we're talking about greedy businessmen. I guarantee you, if they thought they could make some moolah, they'd be doing it.

Besides, the numbers are meaningless to me. First it was 2 trillion, now it's 6 trillion. With a disparity like that, I think someone is pulling numbers out of their ass.

Even if we come up with a number everyone can agree on, how much of it is held by companies which manufacture goods, how much is held by the banks, how much is offshore and would be taxed to the point that using it would not be feasible if taxes were paid on it, and other considerations?

While I like to keep ideas simple, this is a complex issue. And the numbers are all over the place.

Gotta get back to the game.

Chas