View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
But it has been addressed in countless ways. There's the rub. We had a black president for crying out loud.

This has gone from complaining that you're getting no food to complaining that the corn flakes are getting stale. The grievences are actually more whining that your world is not perfect rather than fighting gross iniquity.

If we lived in the world BLM would have you believe we are in, the average non-black american would see the Floyd video and publicly say, "That seemed totally appropriate to me. I mean, after all, he's a dirty Ni..."

But that is not what is happening. Quite the opposite. In fact, the closest responses I've seen to that is this: "We need to let all the information come out and let the courts do their job." In a country governed by laws, that truly IS the high road response.

So, my response to the whole rioting/protesting thing is that they are the little kid laying on the floor kicking and screaming at the checkout stand because mommy won't buy them a candy bar. That is, they need to grow up.

The good news is that most of them are under 25 and they WILL grow up like people tend to do. Most of them, anyway.
I'm with you 100% on this post.

The BLM movement is not helping me transcend any racist ideation I may have. Look at the 'triggers' for the riots, going back to Rodney King. They've all been spark by some Black dude breaking the law and resisting arrest. Even the shooting at the Atlanta Wendy's looks justified to me.

Using the cop's taser against the cop, it could have easily put his life in jeopardy. If the taser had caught him, the dude could have doubled back in a split second and taken the cop's Glock.

The cops that killed George Floyd were just stupid (or new to the job). But Mr. Floyd was resisting arrest. He was not targeted because he was Black.

I'm not saying Black folks have no reason to resent the oppression dished out by the White majority, both past and present. They do.

But they can't keep violating the rights of other people, even the rights of other Black people, and expect to avoid consequences.

Participating in a riot is like throwing a tantrum, only on a much larger scale. And now the cops are losing their power base, because they're being 'tried' in the press, and even facing criminal charges for political reasons.

My 'racist ideation' is based on fear, not any notion of White supremacy. It's comforting to me to know many Black folks are Christians.

Somehow we need to defuse this bullshit.

This world is indeed the domain of the Devil.

Last edited by BigElCat; 06-16-2020 at 01:03 PM.