View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Being one who has always cared for the less fortunate, should you run out of your own beer, I'll fix you up with some of my cheap whiskey.

Which is why I have cheap whiskey in the first place. Some of the unfortunates of my congregation have felt the need to tithe.

They drink my Woodfords and replace it with Old Charter...because they can't tell any difference. Thank God they don't offer up Old Mill Lite!!!

Chas
LMAO I have tears in my eyes. 'need to tithe' ROFL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Hello Pete, Pleased to meet you as well !

While I do not hold meetings, I have found individuals with very similar beliefs as I, and that is troubling ! Now I am no longer unique !

Just think aboult all the decisions that I would need to make as the leader of a new religion. I might have to translate my own Bible, set up accurate dates for my religious holidays, and the list goes on and on... I think that I will just keep my congregation small, me

But it has been surprising to find others that have similar beliefs as I ?

Bill
I don't know. Back when I saw the 'Dead in concert I was stuck by how many of my friends I met there - except they weren't the people I knew. I even met a person like myself. Very strange, like there are a kinda set number of templates with perhaps a list of options.

Or maybe they just attract weirdos

Holidays are a good example of how people do have that drive for ceremony & pomp. Wasn't it Paul who said it's better not to celebrate them?

And our current societies religion of reason and humanism? Holy moly, haven't they read a history book or newspaper in their life?

Pete