View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Admin

That interview was an interesting eye opener as to Ayn's philosophies. She displays a serious lack of empathy for people other than herself. The way she presents herself smacks of sociopathic zealotry, to my unschooled eye. That habit of glancing downwards and to the left compulsively brings to mind the term shifty eyed and probably has an explanation based in psychiatric studies. What that would be I'll leave to someone more proficient in that field, after all I'm a simple person who's a product in part to my upbringing and what I choose to believe as some innate intangible quality that we all bring to the world we live in. Call it a soul or some such label, I really don't know as yet.
This person, if you will, seems to me to typify sociopathism and there is no enlightenment to be gained for her disjointed ramblings in regards to her philosophy. I think she went down a rabbit hole in a quest to break down the human condition to it's most basic components and came up with this "greed is good" Rasputin-like grotesquery.
Maybe I'm biased by the hours misspent in front of the one eyed monster in my childhood but I keep expecting Boris to pop up and start calling her Natasha while they're enjoying some Moose and Squirrel stew. Kudos to Mike Wallace for skewering this sick and repulsive individual. Just my take on it and thanks for digging that clip up Dave. I can't believe that there are people who take this evil shit seriously.