View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I would challenge you just a bit in your suggestion that this is "Fox" yellow journalism. There is at least one Rob Wolchek on each of the local newscasts in Detroit. The "Problem Solvers" is the local affiliate's "news-making", as opposed to news reporting, function. I'd also suggest, in my travels when watching some local news outlets in other cities, there are other "news-maker" segments on other news casts as well.
Perhaps so. I suppose that most local news stations have their "designated ghouls," as my wife calls them. This sort of sensationalism on the local news is definitely not exclusively Fox's terrain. The story itself is fine and newsworthy (at least to some degree). It was the tone and presentation that left me cold. Just give me the friggin' facts in a dispassionate manner without all the silly drama and innuendo.

I'm amazed in this day and age that such a company as Chrysler doesn't have a stronger substance abuse program, particularly for industrial workers. I'd hate to see what the accident rate in that plant is, not to mention the quality of the product coming off the line.