View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
I was referring to reports produced by Heritage not the above blog post. Their reports, like most policy centers, have a bibliography. For example:
http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...-of-liberalism

Notice the bibliography at the bottom. My point is that you can't discount research coming out of the policy centers. Clearly, some centers are more significant than others. Brookings, AEI, and Heritage are the most notable private think tanks IMHO.

At the bottom of an unrelated report. This is an old trick anyway. Their footnotes are probably packed with links to other HF studies. It all gets very incestuous. "We're right and we can prove it. Just go to this other study where we said the same thing. See? Told you!"

In The Foundry post above, each name linked to a more detailed article on the economic condition of the company.
Since the Foundry post had no bibliography but linked only to press stories, I have to wonder why you asked in the first place. There's no equivalency between a blog post and a report, even a Heritage Foundation report. That's doubly so for an academic report.

John