View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I was under the impression that the H1B's intent was to bring foreign labor to the States in fields where there weren't enough US citizens to fill the market. Not trying to offend, as I believe you came here on one, but it seems in many cases these days it is there aren't enough citizens to fill the market at the rate companies want to pay.
Yes I did come here on one but until Florence and I married I was little more than a bond servant. The company paid the immigration lawyer and in actual fact I was one of twenty people who possessed the particular skills and the other nineteen would not have worked for the offered salary. But when you are madly in love and need to be together you tend to do things you might not do otherwise.

Most of the time there were people here with the required skills but they would not work for the offered salaries. So employers could advertise the position and not get any takers because they simply were not offering a decent wage.

Last edited by merrylander; 10-01-2014 at 09:33 AM.