View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You disingenuous and dimwitted fool. Your link is about the increase of unaccompanied minors arriving at the border region in 2014, not the forced separation of families at the border in order to use those children as hostages to Trump's agenda. Why don't you educate yourself as to what is actually happening rather than posting links that don't even support the ridiculous argument you're trying to make?
Again, you're lying about what I'm saying, you squirming sack of excrement. I was responding to a question from Rajoo about what I posted, not responding to what you posted.

But the link does, in fact, reinforce a point I was making earlier about the lack of outrage from the left over children making the long journey from Central American countries up through Mexico to the US. and the change in policy during the Obama era that encouraged this.

What is new is a series of Executive Actions by the administration
to grant immigration benefits to children outside the purview of the
law--a relaxed enforcement posture--along with talk of comprehensive
immigration reform.
It is beyond dispute that such a narrative shapes behavior and
encourages people to come to our country illegally. In fact, newspapers
in El Salvador and Honduras seem to be encouraging youth to head to the
United States based on these policies. And recent internal DHS surveys
of these children reveal that more than 70% believe they are going to
stay in the country.

Again, where was your indignation at this at the time? If memory serves, at that time you were more concerned about "prosecutorial discretion" then the actual policies that were encouraging families to separate themselves from their children and sent them north on a false promise.