View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Uh, no. What you posted isn't true (and rarely is). Needless to say, the cited article doesn't say what you say it says (IOW, you resort again to lying). It says the Obama administration detained family units together, not that it separated children from their families in order to make hostages out of the children like your Dear Leader has done.
Uh, no. That's not what I said. Here let me help you:

Detaining families indefinitely to "send a message" via a "policy change". Sounds just like Trump "sending a message".

Except that neither are true. What's true is what I posted earlier. The system itself is a mess. And both sides blaming doesn't fix anything.

That's what I said. And since I had to post it twice, it certainly underscores your reading comprehension issues that I've observed in earlier posts.

What I also said is that the entire system is broken. Has been for years. That is undeniable. I've spoken with ICE agents and they're frustrated as well about the broken system that they're in. And while both sides play the blame game, the issues get worse.

I don't see any moral difference between holding families indefinitely at the border to "send a message", or separating families at the border to "send a message". Apparently you do, mostly because you think it gives you a way to make this a political issue. Its interesting that i don't recall you making an issue out of the indefinite detention of families when Barry was doing it, so I guess that's OK with you. Fine and dandy....