View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Settle down, Ike. The Times piece itself was an opinion piece.

I read both the Times and WashPost every day, but I no longer believe that the "Gray Lady" is the country's newspaper of record with "all the news fit to print," though I greatly prefer it to the WSJ. IMO, the WashPost is far superior to either.

FWIW, I find the NYTimes editorials reflexively and predictably liberal (just as the WSJ's are reflexively and predictably conservative), though I find their opinion pieces a bit more balanced than their editorials (I like Krugman and Brooks and Dowd cracks me up). Their editorials' reflexively liberal bent results in me discounting them in favor of something a bit more analytical and balanced (e.g., WashPost, Economist). YMMV.

Their diminished standing in the world of journalism will result in this particular editorial having about as much impact as a fart in a windstorm.
Many thanks to the new PC print media critic for his thoughtful analysis of the worldwide impact of the NYT.

PS - how's about you shove your directives up your ass and restrict yourself to providing behavioral input to those who got stuck with having to listen to it, like your children. Nobody answers to you here, finn.