View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 11:03 PM
Admin

Qanon Hero Oliver Anthony Too Woke For MAGA?

'Conservatives turn on Oliver Anthony after his real accent is revealed in interview'

"After belting out his complaints about welfare recipients eating fudge rounds and making QAnon-adjacent allegations about politicians sex trafficking children, conservative darling Oliver Anthony has come under fire from his right-wing fan base for allegedly faking his accent.

Mr Anthony's song Rich Men North of Richmond — a reference to politicians living in Washington DC — became a viral hit among conservative audiences last week. After right-wing commenters on social media praised it for its raw and "real" messaging, they seem to have turned on Mr Anthony after a video emerged showing his "real" accent is not a twangy Appalachian one.

Infuriating conservatives even further is the fact that Mr Anthony also praised diversity as the US's main strength.

During a Fox News interview, Mr Anthony — who grew up in North Carolina — speaks with what sounds like a typical American accent.

“I mean, we are the melting pot of the world,” Mr Anthony told the interviewer in the video, “and that’s what makes us strong, is our diversity, and we need to learn to harness that and appreciate it, and not use it as a political tool to keep everyone separate from each other you know?”"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cf8319ed&ei=21

Very interestink...