View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Are you saying that the vaccine is garbage?
1) The OP story is a satirical piece. It's not "disinformation" and it's not "fake news" as that term is currently used. Some of the stories in the Vancouver Times are funny when viewed as straight satire. This one, not so much.

2) The vaccine is not garbage. It was, however, oversold in terms of what it could and could not do.

I have one daughter with Asthma and my oldest was born with Down Syndrome. Both would be at heightened risk if infected, so we all got vaxxed because originally the vaccine was said to reduce the risk of infection AND transmission.

Subsequent studies, i,e,. Lancet October 2021, found little if any difference between the transmission rates of vaxxed versus non-vaxxed populations. This may have been due to the difference between the alpha and delta COVID variants, but some of the "fact-checking" sites were still quoting sources saying that transmission rates were reduced by getting vaxxed.

Still, it was/is worthwhile to get vaxxed to reduce the likelihood of contracting COVID.