View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Area Man

You're Welcome, Grumpy!!!

Here's a couple ancient artifacts............

The first is me aboard the USS Coral Sea in 1983, in the Line Shack. We were called "Line Pukes"---Lowly creatures who hauled around tie down chains and chocks. Also did basic servicing of the aircraft on the flight deck. (F-4 Phantom) By my second cruise I had gained a few stripes and become a "Green Shirt"---F-14 Maintenance. Life had improved drastically.

The second is me sucking down the first Fosters of the evening in my room at the Hotel Criterion in Perth, West Australia. The party started there, went downstairs to the hotel bar where the locals were having a party for us, entitled, "The American Naval Invasion". At some point I must have been at a beach, because my clothes were soaking wet with salt water and full of sand when I came to in the morning. I think there must have been a female involved as well, as there was a couple C notes missing from my wallet and the sheets smelled like dead fish and cheap perfume. Most of my port visits went that way. Come to think of it, the 1980's went that way for me.

After breakfast, we went on a "wine cruise".................................

The things I did for my country!

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Line 1983.jpg (63.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Australia.jpg (47.4 KB, 4 views)