View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I got me one of them fancy DVR thingies and fast forward through all the shows, just watch the commercials.
I especially love the prescription drug commercials, which have pretty much taken the place of the old boring beer commercials with girls in bikinis.
Nozulla, Lyrica, Lunesta, Chant, Prilosec, Concerta, Lipitor, Enbrel, "SeeAlice", Abilify, Nasonex, Vioxx, Pristiq, Humira, Zoloft, Lipitor, Wellbutrin, Stelara, Prevacid are a few of my favorites.
I especially like the ones with animated people and animals, or butterflies floating around.
Many are fun just trying to guess what it cures, while the actors play softball or load an LP onto the old turntable they found in the garage.
I also dearly love the long lists of side effects, like fixing your neighbor's car while sleepwalking, or oily anal discharge.
Thanks for the laugh.
What I also find fascinating is the disclaimer they read on radio after at the end of a commercial. Guess this is required legalese but the rapid pace at which it is said, no one could understand a word. I find this actually mocking the regulatory requirements.