View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Area Man

These. (Large, Trapeziod cabinets for 15" woofer and "econowave" top end, as attached in "Poll" thread.)

Still waiting on the woofers to come from PE, they're very popular and on back order. Supposed to ship on Thursday. Also still working on crossover set-up. Thought about using the econowave crossover, but I don't have the money budgeted for the Selenium drivers. I've had a pair of Altec 808-8a laying around I want to use in the meanwhile. Not sure how well they'll work with the EW x-over.

Well, I have two full systems, one modern Vandersteen/McIntosh based high end, one vintage Luxman/Revox/ADS and one based on these speakers (Traps.) and a pair of vintage Akai tube monoblocks in the making. So.........

The high end system is spectacular. The instruments just float in space out in the room. I also use it for two channel home theater. (This was put together back in my house flipping days. More prosperous times.).

The vintage Luxman system is a beautiful sounding system, but the imaging and soundstage lacks compared to the newer system. (What do you expect? It's nearly forty years old.)

And, of course the DIY tube/horn system is still under construction. So I have no idea what it sounds like yet. I also rebuilt the amps.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-28-2012 at 01:23 PM.