View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 PM

Damn Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Hehehehehe...In the late '70s thru '92, my company belonged to Dennison Mfg. Co, an "Office Products" supplier out of Framingham, Mass. They were into EVERYTHING, pens, Carter's Ink, but one thing they made that EVERYBODY knows about are the little tiny re-inforcements that kids put around the holes in notebook paper...The also had Therimage, a heat-setting decalcomania that went on soft bottles, like French's Mustard & a LOT of hair-care & related products. They bought us because WE printed labels, too, & they thought they could utilise our capacity. Didn't really work out that way, our presses were 36" web width, & Therimage works best on narrow-web presses, no more than 20" wide tops. Their pressmen & engineers never could get Therimage to run faster than 2-300 feet a minute, which is dreadfully slow. They put up a narrow-web press at our place, & us dumb ol' hillbillies who didn't know Jack Schitt about printing-so THEY thought, anyhow, soon had it running along at 4-500 feet a minute...With better register, less ink spots, etc to boot...I always kinda liked that...Stickin' it to a bunch of arrogant New England Yankees...Mbwahahahaha...
Ya know Sandy, th' war's been over fer 150 years. Even I quit runnin' people with Kansas plates offa the road.

Never did figger out why they thought honkin' that damn horn was gonna do 'em any good.

Chas