View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 02:19 PM
barbara's Avatar
barbara barbara is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
people working part time, what is the law?

If a person qualifies , they can get in home help from a federal program called In Home Supportive Services. The in home workers from IHSS are members of SEIU and receive some benefits.

Consumers pay on a sliding scale or receive free services depending on income. Family members can be the caregiver and get paid.

Also, (limited)free in home care is available to anyone over the age of sixty through the Older Americans Act (federal funding).

Contact your local Area Agency on Aging to find out about local services in your area.
Reply With Quote