View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You don't recall correctly, so the "alt-facts" are yours...unless of course you're suggesting the EPA is a source of alt-facts.

https://archive.epa.gov/epa/aboutepa...igins-epa.html
Once again you prove to this forum that you don't understand how gubmint actually works.

From your link -

"Forging such an institution actually represented the final step in a quick march towards national environmental consciousness. Congress recognized the potency of the issue in late 1969 by passing the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). This statute recast the government's role: formerly the conservator of wilderness, it now became the protector of earth, air, land, and water. The law declared Congressional intent to "create and maintain conditions under which man and nature can exist in productive harmony," and to "assure for all Americans safe, healthful, productive, esthetically and culturally pleasing surroundings." Henceforth, all federal agencies planning projects bearing on the environment were compelled to submit reports accounting for the likely consequences--the now famous Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
Secondly, NEPA directed the President to assemble in his Cabinet a Council on Environmental Quality." Bolding added

Tricky Dick was just following orders from congress, Mike.