View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 AM

Don't laff- Now that The Majickal Negroe has increased the mileage requirements for new cars, that might be considered a "Large, luxury vehicle" in a few years...As a lot of you know, I underwent Bariatric Surgery in Feb to combat my weight problem. It has been VERY successful, I have lost something like 110 lbs, down to 280 or so. They told me I'd prolly get down to 225-200 before I stabilised. I'm STILL gonna be a Big Boy, no matter how you shake it, & I also have good ol' Uncle Arthur (Itis) that makes trying to fold up & fit in one of thease motorised roller skates an exercise in torture. And then you have guys like Our Fearless Leader, Grumpy, who at 6'7" or 8" is even worse off tryin' to fold himself up into one of 'em...What are big, "Economy-sized" people like us gonna do ? There are lots of folks out there who greatly exceed the dimensions of the mythic 5'9", 165 lb "99th percentile" man.....Part of the reason that I hang on to The Mighty Valdez, all 8 MPG of it, is that I can drive it & not feel "crowded" or uncomfortable, I can stretch out. I've tried smaller cars, & yeah, I COULD drive one of 'em for awhile, but eventually, I'd be takin' a saw to the thing to saw a hole in the roof to stick me punkin' head thru...(grin)