View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Admin

AFL-CIO Mission Statement-American Heros

"The AFL-CIO exists to represent people who work. The mission of the AFL-CIO is expressed in our Constitution:

The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations is an expression of the hopes and aspirations of the working people of America.
We resolve to fulfill the yearning of the human spirit for liberty, justice and community; to advance individual and associational freedom; to vanquish ****oppression, privation and cruelty in all their forms; and to join with all persons, of whatever nationality or faith, who cherish the cause of democracy and the call of solidarity, to grace the planet with these achievements.
We dedicate ourselves to improving the lives of working families, bringing fairness and dignity to the workplace and securing social equity in the Nation.
The AFL-CIO envisions a future in which work and all people who work are valued, respected and rewarded. While the AFL-CIO represents millions of working people who belong to unions and have the benefits of union membership, the labor federation embraces all people who share the common bond of work.

Work is what we do to better ourselves, to build dreams and to support our families. But work is more than that. Work cures, creates, builds, innovates and shapes the future. Work connects us all.

The AFL-CIO is an organization of people who work. We help lead a movement for social and economic justice in America and the world."

From the AFL-CIO Website http://www.aflcio.org/About/Our-Mission-and-Vision

How is it in this day and age an average citizen is coerced and their right to organize is co opted by such companies as Home Depot, Wal-Mart and many other corporations. After these giants breeze into town, they systematically undercut local businesses with blatantly unfair and illegal trade practices and conspire to drive them from the marketplace. After which the unemployed workers are subjugated into work contracts that forbid them from having any voice or say in their work and pay.

These faceless corporations force their employee to sign a contract forbidding them from organizing in any way, shape or form. The contract stipulates that any such activity is grounds for dismissal. This applies to the time off the clock,24-7-365.
Ask around, I am not making this up.
How is it that these companies can shoulder their way into a community and proceed to dismantle the rights and hard won protections bought with life, limb and toil of previous generations?
Am I the only one outraged? Am I the voice in the wilderness crying for justice?
I hope not.