Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 09:27 PM

Hello

Hi,

Just want to reintroduce myself. Political Chat has always been a safe place for me to express my political views and hear yours. Thank you for the safe environment.

Tonight I got a healthy chuckle as I read the forum. It reminded me of my early days of battling with patent examiners. As a patent agent apprentice I learned and used the adjective "bald-faced" to describe what I felt were examiners' emotional knee-jerk rejections to my clients' inventions. I only used the phrase a few times, but God, when I wrote it I felt like King Kong. It felt awesome to tell "the man" that they were being emotional.

That was back when I thought all legal proceedings had to be in writing and everyone knew what everyone else wrote. I wanted to win in writing.

It took me a few years to be comfortable with calling patent examiners and discussing the issues that they had with my clients' inventions. Once I talked to the examiners I learned that they were under the same time pressures that I was to move inventions down the production line. That was about when a bigger question struck me.

What are we inventing? That is my new mindset as I write with you all.

Peace!