View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 04:46 PM

I am on my parents insurance thanks to one of the provisions of the Affordable Healthcare Act. While I agree with the sentiment that it should be a single payer system I also feel the need to stand up and say that I've been using my insurance on preventative medicine in order to be healthier in the future. The plan? To not cost the tax payer or my employer as much money for healthcare that I don't need.

I feel like the pull on the right to repeal the AHCA is because as more and more provisions of the bill keep kicking in more and more people will have experiences like mine. Access to dental, access to glasses, real help quitting smoking, knowing what's happening inside of my body etc.

While the President has been a darling for big business, soft on the banks and imperialistic with his foreign policy he's also done a lot of things that a lot of people have been realizing that they really like.

In comparison, every promise made by the Republican candidates has been either regressive, poised towards the rich or forewarning of big-government fascism (IE. Rick Santorum).