View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 09:19 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Simple solution = get rid of extremists on both sides, and save the USA from 333 incidents and save 110 people

Yes, the above statement IS tongue in cheek, but in reality I've long believed the only political party here in the USA should be "The party of the United States of America". People aligned with political parties WILL put party affiliation ahead of what's actually good for the country. Oh, and, while I'm talkin fantasy land, PACs should be outlawed as well. Let the so called "public servants" who have become "The ruling class" actually live on the base pay for whatever position they hold, without the whole "Nicky Pockets" deal goin on.

This is the reason I've never belonged to either party, in practice George Washington woulda had the whole lot of em shot for treason......

(some background on ol Nicky Pockets)

https://www.bostonherald.com/2014/01...rom-our-state/
Washington of course took a dark view of parties, but he certainly wouldn't have had any lot shot for treason. He didn't have any Whisky Rebellion participants shot, instead he pardoned the two that actually were convicted of treason and would have been hung.