Thread: $10 an hour
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Might have something to do with your tree hugging brethren and all the regulations. Take a look at a map some time and see how much of this state the federal government has taken and consider how many of your tax dollars are thrown at justifying keeping it locked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
We were let into the union with our state constitution, which clearly states that the natural resources are the property of the citizens of the state. Of course, our state gov takes that to mean it belongs to them. Once upon a time, we had an honest governor named Jay Hammond who saw to it that the people actually got a small tiny fraction of the money before the gubmint could blow it all. That's where the Permanent Fund came from, and the politicians have been trying to take it back ever since. Hope that clears it up a bit for ya.

Now, have we deflected far enough from the OP's topic? What's a fair wage? Is $34/hr a fair wage for a tech in Alaska? Apparently not, because jobs are sitting here unfilled. Is $10 or $15 a fair wage for techs down there? Apparently so, or they'd get their asses on the highway and DRIVE TO WHERE THE MONEY IS!
So you can't stand the Federal guvmint or the State guvmint meddling in the right to clearcut then stripmine Alaska to it's bedrock. Sounds like it's time to sell it back to Putin and you could all retire to Orlando with yer guns.(just in time for global warming to put most of Florida underwater.)

Back to the topic, isn't the cost of living super high in Alaska?