View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I think a bigger reason is that people now seek news that confirms their worldview (i.e., confirmation bias). Obviously, CNN and the NYTimes don't conform to Whell's worldview.
The theme after the election, even on election night as it started to dawn on the MSM that they totally got it wrong, was that they need to get there asses out - away from their hideouts in the east and the west coasts - and start trying to figure out what the rest of the country thinks. Even Baquet at the NY Times said:

“If I have a mea culpa for journalists and journalism, it’s that we’ve got to do a much better job of being on the road, out in the country, talking to different kinds of people than the people we talk to — especially if you happen to be a New York-based news organization — and remind ourselves that New York is not the real world.”

The NBC anchor Tom Brokaw echoed that sentiment, lamenting that for all its efforts at advancing diversity, the news media was still “pretty confined” to “the Eastern Seaboard.”

So, yeah, I agree with Baquet and Brokaw on this one - your smarmy comment not withstanding - that the NY Times and the rest of the MSM have a very narrow perspective that tends to reflect only half - or less than half - of what the rest of the county thinks. They need to fix that, regardless of how that might upset your little tea cart.