View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
It gives a better measurement/perspective of things and I suspect it is not as exasperating as Audio.
Oh, my God are you wrong about that! Imagine spending thousands on gear, spending weeks preparing for a star party, telescope, cameras, tent and all of the associated paraphernalia, paid all of the fees and registration, drove four hours or more to get to the dark sky site...…then the weather changes and it rains the entire time. Or the sky is beautiful but, in the middle of a capture session your laptop starts updating software, or a cable snags on the tripod and pulls out, a mirror moves out of alignment, or a clutch slips...There are so many variables.

Those two pictures I posted took HOURS to make. Set-up, testing equipment, making mechanical, electrical and software adjustments, post capture processing, aligning, stacking, sharpening...………

But, I love it. It's fascinating, it's challenging and when that occasion arises that everything goes well...……. There are no words.