View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Resident octogenarian

John I nave seen more mis-informed opinion in this thread that Carter has pills. For example Herzl was seeking a state that would provide a home for the Jews, not a Jewish state. Now being a native English speaker I took that to mean any state that would welcome the Jewish people.

Another point Israel was created by the UN in 1948 after their neighbors told all the Arab peoples to leave because they were going to push the Jews into the Mediteranean and any Arabs who stayed behind would suffer that same fate.

Prior to the Six Day War most all of the land Tel Aviv is built on was bought and paid for.

As for Finn's comment about how miserable they are he must have been in a different

part than I was. When I was lecturing in Herzilya I had never been treated with more respect and courtesy anywhere else in the world, and I have lectured in a goodly part of it. BTW I was hosted by both Arabs and Jews and the ones I ate with got along with each other just fine. As I sit here I can glance at the pen holder containing a chunk of copper ore from King Solomon's Mines in Judea.

Which brings me to the point that how to win friends and influence people does not include building a mosque on their Temple foundation.