View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 04:43 PM

I only watched part of it so far. I'll watch the rest when I get time. I will say, this is the most compelling case I've seen made against the accepted models of climate change.

One significant flaw, however, keeps me from giving it more credence. This "pause in global warming" he talks about - there hasn't been a pause in global warming. It's true that surface temperatures are rising less quickly than they were. But that's just surface temperature data, and regardless, it's still rising. If you listen to this guy, he doesn't actually deny that.

However, much more importantly, this variation in surface temperature data hasn't been mirrored by a decrease in rise of ocean levels or polar ice melt. Which leads to one conclusion - it's still getting a lot warmer and our oceans are absorbing more of that heat than the surface.

While that may sound like the Earth taking care of everything for us, as this guy suggests, it is not. Ocean temperature rise is the far more critical issue with regard to human habitability of the planet.