View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I'm all for the cameras myself.

I often find myself first in line at a stop light because I am one of the few drivers that actually stops when they are supposed to. But to do so I have to be real careful of the cars behind me so that I don't get rear ended because most drivers seem to think they have a GOD GIVEN RIGHT to blow through the light until at least 3-5 seconds after it turns.

And it's not poor people that are doing it either.

Some of the worst offenders are these Soccer Moms in their $40,000 SUV's.
Actually Californians have been getting rid of them...the City of Riverside just ditched theirs after people were complaining about $500 dollar tickets for making rolling right on red turns. It was just too expensive for constituents.
I could see maybe $100 bucks for a right on red but not $500. Plus the company Redflex is Australian and people's hard earned money was going overseas as well.

Plus most cameras go up in urban areas, which tend to have a higher proportion of minorities than rural areas that do not have cameras. Should urban dwellers be more under Big Brother than rural ones?