View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Don, in reading your posts to PC I've come to the conclusion that you believe immigration, to be a net negative overall. Virtually all your posts recently have touched on some aspect of immigration and your opinion of it has always been negative and even alarmist.

Do I have this right? If so, why do you feel as you do?
I applauded Ronald Reagan when he gave amnesty to millions of illegals. It was the right thing to do.

After that I was turned off by the attitude of illegals who felt they have a right to kick in doors. I think they sense that their increasing numbers can intimidate politicians.

Lately I have a lot of sympathy for citizens especially seniors, who suddenly find their little corner overwhelm by illegals. They feel powerless.

I believe in legal and controlled immigration. However the H1-B visas been severely abused by unscrupulous employers to the detriment of American workers. The Indians who benefit significantly from this type of visa have organized a loud lobby.

I am alarmed at what is happening in Europe. Thousands of people from conflict zones enter, pushed down borders and demand freeway to Germany/Sweden. Most of these enter under minimum or no vetting.

I repeat Frau Merkel is dumb.