View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Is an animal kept in a cage amply feed dry and warm better off then if in the wild?

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”
Benjamin Franklin

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin

Barney
Questions;

A). Would Americans voting for the promise of tax cuts and fatter refunds be the same as Americans voting for money?

I think so.

B). Could it be that we're sacrificing liberty for safety in supporting things such as militarized law enforcement, Arpaio-esque tactics, vilifying anyone who speaks up against police brutality, turning schools into fortresses, building walls........

.....and the host of other "safety oriented" bullshit that our rightwing friends support?

I believe so. In fact, I've come to believe the people who rant about "freedom" the most in this country are actually freedoms worst enemy. They are fans of strongman leaders who despise Democracy.

If something isn't done soon to know them down several pegs, we'll end up like Russia.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-18-2018 at 05:25 PM.