View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
No, it's the Republicans who are threating default thus putting it on the table. it's something like parents beating their kids and saying, "look what you're making me do to you." BS blame shifting so to speak, and I have never cheered Biden for anything.
No, sorry, that's the way the media is choosing to report it, and that's the media picking sides and "blame-shifting". Biden has assumed a negotiating position that leaves no alternative but to kick the can down the road as they've always done. He's just as responsible for the consequences of assuming that position as the Repubs are for trying to negotiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
In addition, your point about the Dow in #427 is meaningless unless the Dow stocks are not in the S&P 500. Pretty sure they are.
Not meaningless at all. Yes, the Dow stocks are represented in the S&P. However, in the context of 401(K)/mutual fund investment options (which was the context of my response), I can choose to invest in exchange-traded funds (ETF's). There are ETF options that are designed to track the performance of the Dow, or the S&P, or the NASDAQ, etc. The performance of an ETF mimicking, for example, the Dow versus one mimicking the S&P are going to be quite different.