View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Well, AK is back up, so Mystic probably won't be back to answer my question....
Oh ye of little faith. I always check back,, but since (as you wrote) "AK is back up" it is unlikely I'll be returning to "PC" (ha, the irony) and the "Audiokarma Temp" board.

In response to your question, the "live" performances I posted @ PC (ie, Sandy Denny & Shelagh McDonald, both concerts @ 1971) are (analogue to digital) conversions of ROIO (recordings of independent origin) capturd by a member of the listening audience, most like on cassette tape (ie, the audio "master"), and subsequently dubbed & traded among the ROIO taper/trader community, a network of "live" music connoisseurs that's been active since the late 1960s. Where the process once involved type (or hadwritten) lists and the mailing to & fro of cassette tapes, it now involves a bitorrent client (Deluge, Vuze, etc.) and a membership @ such ROIO trading sites as ZOMB, The Trader's Den, or Hunger City if that tracker is still active.

Are you a member @ "regular" AK? If not, become a member (and better still, a subscriber), then shoot me a PM and I'll provide more technical info & links @ which you can join in these activities.

Mystic, signing off (for good) @ "Audiokarma Temp"