View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Admin

"By Thursday morning, his tweet had morphed into a national political story, and the state party was clarifying Bauman’s remarks. Bauman on Thursday referred calls to the party’s communications director, John Vigna, who said the chair’s tweet was “just his personal view” and the boycott isn’t being considered as an official California Democratic Party policy.

“We’re not happy that In-N-Out gave the money, but we’re not calling for an official boycott,” Vigna said. “Democrats are very fired up. Chair [Bauman] is definitely giving voice to a feeling a lot of people have right now.”

In-N-Out, meanwhile, quickly put out a statement by Executive Vice President Arnie Wensinger that noted that the company “made equal contributions to both Democratic and Republican” political action committees in California in 2018.

Filings show that the restaurant chain gave at least $80,000 this election cycle to Californians for Jobs and a Strong Economy, a committee focused on electing business-friendly Democrats to the state Legislature. The chain also gave at least $30,000 to the committee in 2016.

“For years, In-N-Out Burger has supported lawmakers who, regardless of political affiliation, promote policies that strengthen California and allow us to continue operating with the values of providing strong pay and great benefits for our associates,” Wensinger said." LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...830-story.html

Looks like the Democratic chair shot off his piehole without thinking. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, gimme a double-double with grilled onions, please.