View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
"As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden."

The roots of this country are Christian.
Did you read this off of your palm?

The religious roots of this country lie here;

From Wiki;

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion......"

From here on is my opinion;

1) The government cannot attempt to establish a state religion, nor can it dictate to anyone a specific religious belief or prevent them from exercizing their right to worship (Or abstain from worship.) as they see fit.

2) No other model you attempt to present can possibly demonstrate free will.
America is a predominantly Christian country, but it is not a "Christian Nation".
This term implies exclusivity and social/political dominance.

3) Worship as you see fit. This is your right. Attempt to dominate others and press your religious beliefs (Or lack thereof.) upon them and you are in for a fight. At least you should be.

4) Escape from religious tyranny is one of the reasons the Puritans came here in the first place. Remember, Monarchy is religion based. Kings are coronated by a bishop. Royal bloodlines are believed to be decendants of Christ. Kings force their subjects to adopt the beliefs of the crown. I.E-Nationalized religion.

Of course, the moment they arrived, they began establishing their own form of religious tyranny. Didn't they?

These four points are why the first amendment exists in the first place.

Did you read the whole thread?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-30-2011 at 04:43 PM.