View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I also find the vehement opposition to occasional religious imagery or slogans to be tiresome and non-productive. We could debate the establishment clause all day but suffice to say that on this topic, like so many others, the polarization of views is doing more damage than otherwise.
... and you don't find the incessant "woe is me" caterwauling from the Christian Right about how Christianity is "under attack" in this country to be tiresome? You can bet your @ss that the Georgia goober who introduced this bill knows full well the provocative (and maybe unconstitutional nature of his effort. It's all about rubbing Christianity in the face of non-Christians.

It's no different than Faux News throwing a contrived hissyfit last week because Obama didn't mention God in his Thanksgiving youtube address. Faux conveniently forgot to mention that Dubya (and Slick Willie) both omitted mentioning God in several of their annual Thanksgiving addresses and that Obama's written comments did mention God. As far as I'm concerned, every single leader of the Christian right is nothing more than a modern day Elmer Gantry.