View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Well, that's you and him.

Not trying to be nasty, but, there are just over 310,000,000 more Americans outside the holler. And, not very many of us are content to live so tight.

I have an old truck that I drive to work too. 1997 Dodge Dakota, 5.2 liter (318) two wheel drive. 211,000 miles. Over the last month I've replaced tie rods, ball joints, timing chain, water pump and thermostat. All new hoses. Going back a year, you can add the heater core, fuel pump, alternator, plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor to that list. Plus I upgraded the brakes with new calipers, ceramic pads and slotted rotors.

Did all of the work myself but used all new, high quality parts. No remans. Trying to get 300,000 miles out of it.

She has dents, scratches, rust and the headliner has fallen, but she runs as strong as a team of Clydesdales.

Dave
Yup...no point in dumping a good vehicle. My 99 Tahoe runs great at 200,000 miles. I don't skimp on the maintenance though. New tires, brakes and shocks last year. Universal joints and tie rod ends. Had the wiper motor replaced this year. Air is a little weak and other than a few burnt out dash bulbs she's good to go mechanically and a hell of a lot cheaper than payments.

(her paint is coming off the hood and roof and she's got a serious case of hail dent....but that character my man...character....)