View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Trump's Comments during a meeting supposedly on Syria

He just couldn't help himself:
  • "It's a total witch hunt. I've been saying it for a long time. I've wanted to keep it down. I've given over a million pages in documents to the special counsel.
  • "They continue to just go forward and here we are talking about Syria, we're talking about a lot of serious things ... and I have this witch hunt constantly going on for over 12 months now. Actually it's much more than that. You could say right after I won the nomination it started."
  • "This is the most biased group of people. These people have the biggest conflicts of interest I have ever seen ... Either Democrats or a couple of Republicans who worked for President Obama. They're not looking at the other side — Hillary Clinton ... They only keep looking at us. "
  • Trump also criticized Attorney General Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation: "[H]e made what I consider to be a very terrible mistake for the country. But you'll figure that out."
  • And he went after James Comey: "Well I turned out to do the right thing [firing former FBI Director James Comey.] If you look at all of the things he's done and the lies, and you look at what's going on at the FBI ... turned out I did the right thing."