View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:50 AM

Buyer's remorse bubbles up.

FACEBOOK, U.S. NEWS
‘Everyone knew he was a nut’: Regretful Trump voters don’t think he’ll ever act like a president

BRAD REED
30 AUG 2017 AT 07:46 ET
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

President Donald Trump’s upset win over Hillary Clinton last November hinged upon victories in three key Midwestern states: Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

However, Politico reports that a recent focus group of Trump voters held in Pittsburgh found that many people who voted for Trump had significant regrets about their choice, even though none of them expressed any sudden affection for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Report Advertisement
“We must have been at a low moral ebb to have these two Hobbesian choices,” said Trump voter Tony Sciullo, who said he backed Trump primarily out of his opposition to Hillary Clinton.

Republican voter Brian Rush, meanwhile, told the panel that he wanted Trump to shake up the status quo — but he’s nonetheless appalled that the president doesn’t seem to have grown while in office.

“I look at a president to be presidential, someone who is calm, focused,” he said. “Ronald Reagan came in as an actor, but he goes down as one of our better presidents. [Trump] came in not as a politician. In some aspects, he’s almost turning into a politician in a different way, saying things he thinks his base wants to hear. He’s let me down.”

And Trump voter Christina Lees said she’s simply gotten tired of having to watch Trump’s antics on the news every day.

“We know he’s a nut,” she said. “Everyone knew he was a nut. But there comes a point in time when you have to become professional. He’s not professional, forget about presidential.”

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-30-2017 at 10:55 AM.