View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 PM

Sansui Au-20000/tu-9900 barn find score!

Orlando has always been a sansui town. I find this stuff all the time but recently literally every damn piece I run across has been one. -guess the vintage stereo fairy thinks I have enough marantz stuff for now lol. Anyway I posted some pics of the ratty 5000 I restored on Facebook and a friend of mine posted a pic of a really dirty sansui system that said "lookie what I have in my barn" looking at the pics closer I almost shit a brick when I saw it was like the biggest baddest sansui int.amp.. Ever. Ofcourse I sent him a message asking if it was avalible and he told me he would let it go so I drove 30 miles through a crazy lightning storm after work to get to this thing. The storm had chased me. I pulled down a dirt road with the wind blowing and rain coming down so hard I could barley see. I parked my car infront of a creepy old barn and ran inside as fast as I could. The storm was bad enough that it knocked out the power and all I had to guide the way to sansui salvation was the light from my phone, and the crack of lightning every few seconds. Finally, I saw it! A Au-20000 amp with a Tu-9900 tuner, with a granite base kenwood Kd-500 turntable and a Sr-949 sansui turntable. There was also a Thomas turntable which seems like a pos as well as a old Borg-rauland PA amp. He said the stuff had been sitting a good 20 years but thought it prob still worked so we agreed on $75 for everything. While the storm died down we had a interesting conversation about how FEMA is planning to kill us all in concentration camps lol and I hauled the stuff into my car...