View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 10:08 AM
Ready

If you haven't seen the Russian PUBLISHED plan for destroying Ukraine as a nation through oppression ranging all the way to genocide, Doug Muder summarizes it here in The Weekly Sift. But this footnote on Tucker Carlson and Joe Rogan is worth quoting:
Quote:
I hate that people like Tucker Carlson and Joe Rogan have poisoned the phrase "just asking questions". Questions should be asked, but as part of a process of seeking answers.

The problem with Carlson and Rogan isn't that they're asking questions, but that they're not seeking answers. Instead, they ask questions simply to blow smoke and create paralyzing doubt. They imply that the questions they ask have no good answers, invent repressive forces that are trying to stop people from asking them, and cast themselves as brave rebels against those imagined forces.

I remember, early in Covid vaccination campaign, hearing Carlson do this same routine about vaccine safety. It took me less than a minute to google one of his "courageous" questions and discover that it had been asked and answered on the CDC web site. If Carlson didn't want to accept the CDC's answer, fine; but to pretend that the authorities had no answer and were trying to suppress the question was just dishonest.