View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're either slow on the uptake or deliberately mischaracterizing the first article. The first article involved the Trump administration acquiescing to Russian occupation of Crimea, not compelling Russia to give it back to Ukraine (Obama's policy).

As for the second article, all administrations have had a backchannel to Iran (via the Swiss government and their embassy in Iran) because we have no diplomatic mission (front channel) there. We do, however, have diplomatic relations and formal "front channel" communications with Russia. Moreover, when Flynn and Kushner were working on creating this back channel, they were not representing the American government (i.e., the American government was led by Obama at the time).

I often wonder if you even understand what you're typing or you're just repeating right-wing obfuscation of such issues.
I think whell realized long ago that he can't engage like he wants if he argues only when he has a 'good' argument. Instead he has honed skills that enable him to make do without good arguments.

What he understands is therefore to a large extent unknowable, and to a large extent irrelevant.