View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Same goes for digging your own well. In most places where municipal water is available, digging your own well is near impossible to do legally.
Once again, the big money has you hog tied via the wonderful government.

SOFC technology is coming along rapidly, and I have hope it will some day kill the electrical grid entirely.
What really sucks is when you drill a well and the county decides to meter ALL wells regardless if Muni water is available or not. We have been fighting this in Cochise county.

I'm just about finished with my solar powered well. After drilling & casing a 340' x 6" bore hole, buying & mounting 6 Schott Poly-240 panels, sinking a Groundfos AC/DC pump ($$$), and just all the labor, I'm scared to death the benefits are going to be blown to bits by them slapping a meter on the thing.

I plan on using propane for backup. I see lots of guys grabbing the Onan generators out of old RVs as a cheap & quiet solution.

As a side note, I would never install panels on a roof if at all possible.

I've really enjoyed reading the thoughts that all of you have posted. With all of the technology & watt-cost dropping like a rock, solar is fascinating to play with IMO. I hope it all doesn't get derailed by the powers that be.

Last edited by djv8ga; 12-26-2013 at 06:34 PM.